Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Robots and Dinner Parties

Before I start, I found the essay, long, drawn out, somewhat boring, but interesting in that one would even think of comparing food to a robot. She said laughably clueless. I agree. Considering my attention is normally gained by food, the first thing that caught my attention was when she started mention dinner parties and food. This is a good thing, because I am not sure this essay had much else going for it, at least for me. Seriously though, the second a person talks about technology, you generally gain their attention. A robot is interesting to say the least, and she brought up artificial intelligence. What would one do if a robot could think like a human? How would it be treated, and how would you react to it? It is only logical. As for any emotional appeal, that is suppose to touch the senses. I would actually say how she presented the dinner party. People getting together, relaxing, having a good time, and at the same time talking about how would one talk to a robot in such a situation. A social gathering is what gets people's attention, so at the same time, if you was to have someone there who is not a human, how would you react to it? That is pretty much my reaction to the essay.

No comments: